Hi. I’m Felicia Lasmana. In short, I have background as a field biologist and environmental consultant.
- I am also: Indonesian | Introvert | Traveler | Bibliophilia | Flexitarian | Tea Person | Minimalist
- from: Bandung
- latest: What I’m Doing Now
- Twitter : @FeliciaLasmana
- LinkedIn : lnked.in/felicialasmana.
If you have any questions, comments, thoughts, or ideas for research/project related discussion, please contact me via email and introduce yourself here.
Spatial prioritisation for High Conservation Values and High Carbon Stocks in a Human-Modified Tropical Landscape in Borneo. MSc in Conservation Biology at the University of Kent, UK (2017).
Policy Implementation Study of Biodiversity Clearing House Mechanism in West Java Province, Indonesia. MSc in Environmental Sciences at Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia (2010).
Pollinator Bats and Chiropterophilic Plants in Way Canguk, Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park, Lampung, Indonesia. BSc in Biological Sciences at Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia (2008).
My (Research) Interests
I am a conservation biologist and sustainability practitioners by training. Nowadays I’m no longer conducting fieldwork due to my time commitment.
I am actively seeking a research opportunity in conservation management and sustainability sector. In recent years, I’ve been cultivating interest in interdisciplinary research and policymaking, with contribution such as IPBES Asia Pacific regional report. Following are my other interest …
- The High Conservation Value (HCV) Approach: is a unique three-step methodology that helps identify, manage, monitor significant environmental and cultural values in a variety of production landscapes. I am supporting the quality assurance work of HCV Assessor Licensing Scheme (ALS) and providing technical insights for HCV – related project that are mainly located outside protected areas.
- Capacity building for Early-Career Professionals: Aside from working full time, I help people finish essay every year for the UK Government Chevening Scholarship application. Since 2019, I am a volunteer of The Chevening Alumni Association Indonesia (CAAI) mentoring program. I am also interested to mentor (and being mentored) in my areas of expertise, not only for scholarship purpose.
- Green Tourism and Sustainability Travelling: Since 2014, I blog and post photos as part of Travel Bloggers Indonesia community. My photo/blogpost primarily on ethical tourism and personal travel experience in conservation and sustainability point of view.
- Productivity and Career Improvement: I’ve been writing various topics on how we can improve our soft skills either you are in academics, research or other sectors. I’m also sharing my own views on life and career advice.