It’s been a great year this 2015. Am I looking forward for 2016? Maybe YES maybe NOT but I hope more YES with new adventure.
Here is my 2015 review:
- Another traveling year: I went to Tanjung Puting National Park (wonderful forest and orangutans!), Myanmar (2 times to Yangon and Mandalay), Thailand (for couchsurfing), Singapore (girls’ time out) Japan (visited UN building and Mt.Fuji solo hiking boooyaaaah!), and first time in Europe! Germany (Bonn & Berlin with lotsa Christmas markets with old friends).
- Mini adventure just in my backyard: Mountain biking around Puncak and downhill to Bogor. This including hiking Gunung Gede Pangrango which I always wanted since living in Bogor (WIN!)
- Old, new, broken and lost gadgets: Changed my old Galaxy Note into Sony Experia Z3 compact and then Microsoft Lumia 640XL (blame it to swimming pool accident). Someone stole my MacBook Air 11″ and now I am using the thin ASUS Zenbook UX303L. Migrating from Fujifilm to Nikon camera (Coolpix P900, nobody cannot resist that!). Need special post for review all these stuff (later!).
- New pair of eyes: It’s been already on my bucket list and finally about 2 weeks ago I went to laser eye surgery (LASIK). To be able seeing like normal person without glasses is a fantastic and life changing experience for sure!
- Upgrading my science skills: At present, I am a young fellow for a new UN platform called IPBES in the Asia Pacific regional assessment. Likewise IPCC in climate change, this is a great opportunity to learn and contribute for global reports in the context of biodiversity and ecosystem services for the next 3 years. Wish me luck!
Anything the same like last year?
I am trying to read more and try Instagram for my watercolour painting and art piece. Being a full selective omnivore and wants to do more exercise next year! I am currently giving up facebook and only focus to my twitter and blog account.
These are my top three posts in 2015
- Bogor: Mountain Biking in Gunung Mas
- Kalimantan: Walking with Orangutan at Tanjung Putting
- Gunung Gede Pangrango Hiking Month
Welcome 2016! Many thanks to 2015 for a wonderful year :)
Similar post like this
Photo is people queuing to Neue Heimat Street Food Markets in Berlin. We went to the Green Market Berlin which sell vegan/vegetarian food/drink and any kind of natural and healthy products. It is such a green wonderland for me! :)